Purple Universe
Purple Universe
Purple Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A crazy site to talk about life

HomeHome  PORTALPORTAL  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Universe !!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caz
FORUM TROLL
FORUM TROLL
Caz

Location Location : uk

The Universe !!! Empty
PostSubject: The Universe !!!   The Universe !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:55 pm

The Universe !!! Untitl16

This year's meteor shower

The Perseid meteor shower in August will be the greatest for years.

Where will you be between midnight and 4am on August 13? If you plan to be tucked up in bed with the curtains drawn, think again, because you might be missing out on a truly cosmic experience – a rare unspoilt view of a spectacular meteor shower.
There is something magical about catching sight of a shooting star as it streaks across the night sky. So imagine the thrill of looking up to see dozens – maybe hundreds – of shooting stars as they rain down from the darkness.
That’s what will happen on the second weekend of August, when the Perseid meteor shower hits earth. At the height of the action, a shooting star will light up the night sky every few seconds.
This astonishing natural firework display occurs as the earth passes through a trail of debris left by the comet Swift-Tuttle, which last swung into our solar system in 1992. Tiny grains of dust and ice will collide with the earth’s atmosphere at speeds of up to 30 miles per second, each creating an arc of incandescent light. So Enjoy The Light Show!!
Back to top Go down
lydiasquid
MAR-RELLS
lydiasquid

Location Location : EastBourne

The Universe !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe !!!   The Universe !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:46 am

so how was it???
i was in bed!!!
sorry cas!
lids
xxx
Back to top Go down
Gaudenzio
GLOBAL MODERATOR
GLOBAL MODERATOR
Gaudenzio

Location Location : Arkansas

The Universe !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe !!!   The Universe !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:03 am

From this hemisphere it was really disappointing, I was expecting some real 'Day of the triffids' type stuff but no such luck, no meteors and no-one went blind either Sad

"I'm Dancing Like A Monkey"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Universe !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Universe !!!   The Universe !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Universe !!!
Page 1 of 1